About the Department
The Haymarket Police Department patrols within the Corporate limits of the Town of Haymarket, located in Western Prince William County. Officers are dispatched thru the Prince William County Communications Center, enabling seamless response and cooperation with the County Police and Fire Departments. The Town Police Officers are able to maintain a close relationship with the Residents and Businesses, and ensure a rapid response to police calls.
The members are trained to meet the standards of the Virginia Deparment of Criminal Justice Services. The Department is a member agency of the Rappahannock Regional Criminal Justice Academy.
As we are located near the junctions of arterial highways such as I-66, US Route 15, and VA Route 55, traffic is an ongoing concern. Keeping the Town "pedestrian friendly" includes keeping it pedestrian safe. So traffic enforcement, as unpleasant as it sometimes may seem, is an important task of the Department. Please do your part by respecting the speed limits thru Town.
At any time you need a Police response, Contact the County Communications Center at 703-792-6500. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1. For information or routine requests, contact the Haymarket Police Station at 703-753-2700.
The Haymarket Police Department is guided by the below ethical and principal-based Vision, Mission, and Core Values:
The Haymarket Police Department is a professional police organization of irrefutable noble character, respected and trusted by the entirety of the community and its citizens to guard their freedoms, safety, and security.
The Haymarket Police Department, in dedicated service to the Town of Haymarket, guards and protects the life, property, and constitutional rights of all people in the community in order to facilitate and foster a safe and secure community.
- Integrity- We conduct ourselves with uncompromising honesty, honor, ethics, and nobility in all situations and relationships.
- Human Dignity - We acknowledge and recognize the value all people by carrying out our duties with dignity, respect, and deliberate regard to all.
- Justice - We serve our community in an unbiased and impartial manner, applying equal protection to all under the law, and fairly enforcing the rule of law we are sworn to uphold.
- Professionalism- We are accountable to ourselves and the public for the quality of our service. We strive for exceptionalism in standards of proficiency and conduct in all aspects of
- our duties. We seek to continually improve ourselves, our department, and our community relationships.
- Leadership - Steadfast, resolute leadership is a hallmark of our department. We entrust our members to lead ethically and responsibly within the organization and in the community we
- serve. We subscribe to servant - leadership - servant first to the needs of others.